сигурен, убеден, уверен, верен, надежден, доверен, изпитан, несъмненсигурно, разбира се, наистина, несъмнено, безусловно
Adjective(1) having or feeling no doubt or uncertainty; confident and assured, or certain(2) exercising or taking care great enough to bring assurance(3) certain to occur; destined or inevitable(4) physically secure or dependable(5) reliable in operation or effect(6) (of persons, or trusted(7) infallible or unfailing, or true(8) certain not to fail(9) impossible to doubt or dispute, or sure
Adverb(1) definitely or positively (`sure' is sometimes used informally for `surely'
(1) For two decades, though, his constituents have sure voted as if they wanted lower taxes.(2) sure, it's illegal but who cares?(3) I'm not too sure what it is(4) Besides those two, the club does have a few sure bets for success.(5) He was sure of that, as sure as one is of being alive or of eating a piece of bread.(6) he's sure to want a drink(7) I'm absolutely sure it's mine(8) are you sure?(9) I'm not sure of his objections but I'm sure , if we try, we can reach agreement to our mutual satisfaction.(10) something is sure to happen soon(11) Cameras are expensive, but ask the avid photographer and you are sure to receive a nonchalant shrug.(12) I know it's a sure sign of getting older, but I just do not get Yu-Gi-Oh!(13) Actium's impressive gardens are a defining feature and are sure to prove a strong selling point.(14) The spoiler has morphed with lightning speed, a sure sign of this publishing event's place in the culture.(15) he's not sure whether he'll play or not(16) Knowing this as a sure sign of water below, the youth and his brothers returned to the same place and dug the layers of time away.
(1) make sure :: уверете се, че
(2) for sure :: със сигурност
(3) not sure :: не съм сигурен
(4) be sure :: Бъди сигурен
(5) sure thing :: дадено
(6) to make sure :: да се уверите
1. certain ::
2. bound ::
3. guaranteed ::
4. unquestionable ::
5. reliable ::
6. firm ::
8. indisputable ::
9. surely ::
10. yes ::
1. doubtful ::
2. dubious ::
3. uncertain ::
4. unsure ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I'm SURE the sellswords
prefer to fight for the winning side.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 8
Wait, I'm not SURE I wanna know.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 4
- Sure, we had a vibe.
- I knew it! Okay, we did have a vibe.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 14
I'm not so SURE about that.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 10
Me, for instance,
right now, I know for SURE