Noun(1) the quotient obtained when the magnitude of a part is divided by the magnitude of the whole(2) magnitude or extent(3) balance among the parts of something(4) the relation between things (or parts of things(5) harmonious arrangement or relation of parts or elements within a whole (as in a design
Verb(1) give pleasant proportions to(2) adjust in size relative to other things
(1) However, this approach identifies the problem in only a relatively small proportion of the many cases where things go wrong in health care.(2) the bleach can be diluted with water in the proportion one part bleach to ten parts water(3) Admittedly, these conditions afflict a very small proportion of the population.(4) In addition, the study found there was a relatively low proportion of the labour force with third level qualifications.(5) Improbable though it sounds, this attitude appears to be shared by a proportion of companies in almost every sector of the British economy.(6) perceptions of colour, form, harmony, and proportion(7) If his reported revenues were to be believed he alone was contributing a surprisingly large proportion of the revenues of the Group as a whole.(8) For a game that ought to have a wide appeal, I imagine that only a relatively small proportion of people will actually play it all the way through to the end.(9) So obviously something more is needed to help bring up a person's proportion and symmetry.(10) What proportion of tax revenues must government spend in order to collect those taxes?(11) The result has been a dramatic difference with a much higher proportion of shop owners in England successfully prosecuted.(12) the proportion of examination to coursework(13) What I said was they were given proportionally, and the member's proportion was correct.(14) The curtain style can make or break the total harmony and proportion of a room, and we are constantly asked how to choose the most appropriate style for a window.(15) In fact, no matter how frenzied or freaked-out a song gets, there is always, somewhere, a sense of order and proportion .(16) A simple technique to break up the space while retaining proportion to the primary architectural elements is to lay out a grid over your drawing.
(1) in proportion to :: пропорционално
(2) in proportion :: пропорционално
(3) out of proportion :: несъразмерни
(4) direct proportion :: правопропорционално
(5) proportion of :: част от
1. part ::
2. ratio ::
3. balance ::
4. size ::
5. symmetry ::
6. dimension ::
1. disproportion ::
2. disunity ::
липса на единство
3. imbalance ::
липса на равновесие
proportion, proportioned, proportioning, proportions
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
and then blow it
way out of PROPORTION.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 2
English to Bulgarian Dictionary: proportion
Meaning and definitions of proportion, translation in Bulgarian
language for proportion with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of proportion in Bulgarian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'proportion'
What proportion means in Bulgarian, proportion meaning
in Bulgarian, proportion
definition, examples and pronunciation
of proportion in Bulgarian language.